Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Classic



I am a University of Florida fan unless they are playing the University of North Florida but my old biases occasionally come to the surface. I tell you that in the interest of full disclosure. All I wanted out of life, from the age of seven to eighteen, was to play baseball at Florida State University (and make love, or what I thought was making love, to Kathy Ireland). Naturally, when I watch Florida State play baseball, I have to manufacture the hate that I am supposed to feel for them. That being said, Florida State has the uniform thing figured out and Florida is well behind the curve. I'm watching Florida-Florida State right now and our boys look like a team from the late eighties-early nineties that is failing miserably at being trendy. Think Rick Pitino's old Kentucky uniforms. Did the denim Uni's come to mind? They should have. Ron Mercer in a Canadian tuxedo, that's what the Florida baseball players look like.

No comments: