Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fantastic Trip to Europe Light


R1 here: I just finished packing and this is one of my last things to do tonight before I get ready to leave. I want to first say that Teddy was the finest host and I had the greatest time here in Europe Light. I coined the thought Europe Light because the Netherlands has a great European feel but they all speak English (and enjoy to do so!). I imagine it would be uncomforable to try and stumble thru a language but you don't have to do that here. Just speak English.

The beer is also fabulous. There are all types of Wheat, Pale Ales, Dark Beers. And it's 8.5% alcohol which makes it extra good. 3 beers and you feel great. I also enjoyed re-learning how to ride a bike. It took a day or two but I really stepped it up.

The town of Den Haag was very charming and was a nice easy place to explore. Everywhere is really nice (except for the area I biked into) and really charming. The trip to Amsterdam was worth it. Just to see what goes on there. It is a little sketchy in some areas so go with a friend but the people and bars are really fun! It was a great trip to Amsterdam.

Lastly, Teddy was a great host which I think was the first item on the list too. But it can't be said enough how well he took care of me. It was great to just get to hang out with him and meet new people and just have fun. Not a care in the world, just 2 great friends hanging out. Dank u Well Teddy

So, if you get a chance to come visit Ted you should...especially Mr. and Mrs. Payton. You guys would really enjoy it. It was my first trip to Europe and I loved it! You will too.

Rhett

PS - I won't have anymore posts but I will make sure to make comments. Teddy really enjoys to get comments so we all gotta post some comments.

1 comment:

Jim Payton said...

Rhett, I am jealous but your account of the visit is more fun than I am having. We miss Ted and would like to go. We sure are glad that he has good friends like you